Tuesday, October 26, 2010

#14 by Mens Rea

Sometime later

"If i didn't know better Roy, I would have called you crazy. But here we are. Deshima is ours and our little upstart is going quite well. I have to say, I'm impressed."
Kakera takes a seat next to the window of the bar.
"Of course we cannot let out guard down. I'm sure someone, somewhere, will have their objections."
She pulls out a cigarette and lights it from a an ornate Kusarian lighter, the kind you get for having served the Kusari Naval Forces for a longer time and done more crazy shit than any pilot in their right mind would. Those days were behind her now, but the lighter was rather cool.
"But at least you can sleep a little better at night, knowing the new Kusari empire won't plunge its figurative dagger between your shoulderblades."
Carefully setting the cigarette down in the ashtray, Kakera turns to Carnifex.
"Now you've heard my story...more of it than any man alive save perhaps..."
She looks like she's about to say something but thinks better of it.
"...no. Anyway, I think it's only fair I learn some more about who you really are."

No comments: