Tuesday, October 26, 2010

#17 by Carnifex

"The Empire has been quite receptive. It makes sense to them to have a bounty organisation tied only to Kusari in the current climate.” Carnifex thought back to the ‘talks’ themselves.


When he received a response to his contact attempts he’d been organising some side arms in a secure cargo bay.
“Who am I speaking to?” he began, dispensing with the pleasantries.
“You don’t have to know,” said the voice gruffly, “All you need to know is that I speak on behalf of the Emperor.”
“You’re aware of the disquiet among Kusari bounty hunters I trust,” continued Carnifex, “Some of us would like to know how you would react if Deshima changed hands to a group, shall we say more inclined toward recognising you as a house,” he made sure to imply with his voice everything he wanted this Kusari representative to infer.
“The Emperor would be quite grateful to anyone who could solve the security issue that is Deshima. The Bounty Hunters Guild has been quite a thorn in the side of the Outcasts,” he replied also making an effort to convey more than he was saying. Officially the true stance will take time to work out.”
“I hope that time will be a small obstacle to a future partnership.”
“As does the Emperor.”
“That is reassuring, thank you for your time,” and then, somewhat tentatively but still with a sly smile, “Please do me a favour and tell Mr Koga that I’m sorry for the time I almost killed him when I attacked him in his fighter.”

No comments: